From dream to IFE
Brown Bag Crisps are returning to IFE for a third time with their range of award-winning crisps
Brown Bag Crisps’ back story is a simple one. Founders Phil and Viv love crisps so much that they set out to make the best potato crisps possible, using delicious and natural ingredients. Having previously worked in IT and journalism respectively, it was a huge challenge to start up a company from nothing, but the endless research and long hours have paid off! From conducting research and development in their garden shed, they have now moved to a BRC grade AA+ factory. The husband & wife duo are very proud to be an independent company with award-winning, delicious products and a wonderful team of loyal staff and customers.
The IFE Experience
Visitors to IFE 2019 will be able to sample all of Brown Bag Crisps’ range, which includes potato and veggie crisps:
- Lightly Salted – The simplest of their potato crisps, which has just three ingredients – potatoes, oil and salt. These crisps were awarded 2* in the Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards.
- Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar - This classic British flavour has been highly praised by discerning customers and food critics alike.
- Oak Smoked Chilli - The chilli seasoning is a unique twist on what’s becoming a classic crisp flavour. The natural smoked flavour from sustainable oak perfectly complements the punch of the Scotch Bonnet chillis, making these crisps moreish and utterly delicious.
- Smoked Bacon - The natural smoked flavour from sustainable oak is a match made in heaven for the full-flavoured bacon.
- Westcountry Farmhouse Cheddar & Onion - This flavour combines two of Phil's favourite things - potato crisps and traditionally-made Somerset cheddar!
- Tiger Prawn with a hint of chilli & lime - To make this unique flavour, they take succulent prawns and sprinkle them with a hint of chilli and a twist of lime. This zingy flavour is a welcome addition to the family.
- Rosemary & Sea Salt – The newest member of the Brown Bag Crisps’ family. The aromatic English rosemary combines beautifully with a sprinkle of sea salt. These potato crisps were only launched in December 2018 and are proving very popular already.
- Beetroot, carrot & parsnip veggie crisps – These delicious veggie crisps have 30% less fat that many other brands and the secret method of cooking them ensures the wholesome slices of beetroot, carrot and parsnip keep their size, shape and colour. A healthier snack with bags of natural flavour!
Phil Lambe, Founder of Brown Bag Crisps, said: “We are really looking forward to IFE 2019, which has always been a great trade show for us. The way in which we shop, eat and cook in the UK and beyond is always changing and our needs as consumers are changing, too. The gluten free and vegan markets are expanding rapidly, and we are proud that our crisps are all suitable for coeliacs and many of them are vegan and vegetarian.
“We have added a healthier snack to our range with our veggie crisps and throughout 2019, will be adding yet more ‘better for you, better for the planet’ products. We are also now part of a scheme which means our crisps’ bags can be recycled, which is a huge step forward for us.”
Connect with Brown Bag Crisps
Instagram & Twitter: @brownbagcrisps