Creating business relationships that last
The Protein Ball Co is returning to IFE 2019 to introduce their new Breakfast Ball range
The Protein Ball Co creates delicious, all-natural protein snacks. Healthy & nutritious, the protein balls are gluten free, wheat free, vegetarian (with two vegan flavours) and contain no soy, genetically modified ingredients or added sugars. The honest-to-goodness protein balls are handmade in Sussex by the sea with a few select ingredients rolled into a soft high protein snack.
Next year the brand will be turning four and has achieved a lot in such a small space of time. In 2018 alone, The Protein Ball Co has:
- Added two new vegan flavours to their range – Peanut Butter + Jam & Raspberry Brownie
- Tripled their staff members and square footage of their factory and warehouse
- Increased production to roll out 2.8 million protein balls per month on average
- Rolled out new branding across all eight of their flavours
- Launched a new product in three different flavours – Breakfast Balls
The IFE Experience
Having previously exhibited at IFE 2017, The Protein Ball Co created long term relationships with wholesalers and retailers and will be using the 2019 event as a platform to showcase their newest product range – Breakfast Balls. Launched in September 2018, the new range consists of three unique flavours:
- Hazelnut + Cacao - Made from raw pitted dates, gluten free oats, hazelnuts, cacao nibs, cacao powder and pea & rice protein, these indulgent Hazelnut + Cacao breakfast balls taste like a Ferrero Rocher. If you’re a fan of Nutella, you’ll love these! Perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning.
- Apple + Blueberry (nut free) - These oaty balls of goodness are made with a sweet handful of raw pitted dates, gluten free oats and apples & blueberries with vegan rice and pea & pumpkin protein. Rolled in cinnamon and gluten free oats, these nut free breakfast balls have a fruity taste with an interesting zing. Great for breakfast on-the-go, after your morning run or at your desk.
- Strawberry + Vanilla - These sweet and moreish breakfast balls are made with pitted dates, gluten free oats, almonds, strawberries and natural vanilla flavouring. Rolled in gluten free oats, these Breakfast Balls taste like a healthy strawberry milkshake and have a lovely crunch from the pea protein crispies. A great breakfast snack with a cup of tea or coffee, on the way to the office or after your morning workout.
Natalie Kohn, Marketing Manager at The Protein Ball Co, commented on the brand’s previous experience of exhibiting at IFE: “Exhibiting at IFE has been hugely beneficial for our brand. Not only have we created relationships with wholesalers and retailers that complement our brand, but we’ve also generated leads which have become regular customers of ours. We’re really looking forward to IFE 2019 and meeting new and existing buyers, as well as introducing our new products.
“IFE is a great place for us to not only meet with new customers but catch up with our current customers and give them an update on what we’ve been up to recently. There is also the opportunity to see what new brands are out there and to create collaborative relationships.”
Speaking about the biggest trends in the food & drink industry, Natalie said: “Protein snacks are becoming more popular according to Mintel’s June 2018 report, as consumers are more focussed on health & wellbeing. This trend goes hand-in-hand with veganism and the emergence of plant-based proteins in mainstream food & drink, something which our vegan protein snacks tap directly into.
“As well as this, the on-the-go breakfast market is also increasing with 28% of consumers now eating breakfast on the way into work or the gym. Our new breakfast balls will allow operators to jump on this new trend and get ahead of their competition with a new, innovative breakfast offering.”
Connect with The Protein Balls Co
Social media: @theproteinball